9/16/2008

Retail therapy

Kayla Coo, Karen and The Dutchess have all very kindly nominated me for various blog awards recently. I am afraid I have been very remiss at passing these awards on, to tell you the truth I find "the rules" hard to follow, it is difficult to choose favourites as there are so many great blogs to visit! So instead, I have decided to showcase some wonderful handmade items which have been made by extraordinarily gifted individuals. Each of these creatives has their own blog, if you are unfamiliar with their work you are in for a treat. If you click on the images you will be transported to their shops, but beware, you may stay longer than you think!

Again, I hope that I have not left anyone out. Karen Davis is an illustrator with her own blog called Moonlight and Hares. Morna's blog is called Bittersweet, she creates all kinds of things, using felted wools, she also makes fabulous dolls which I adore. Rima Staines makes individual clocks. she is also an expert printmaker, illustrator and book artist. PG at Middle of Nowhere  illustrates children's books and creates wonderful characters using needle felt. Kayla Coo "paints with thread" and sews lovely things with felt and last but not least Celia Hart/ Magic Cochin is an illustrator and print maker and has a blog called purple podded peas.


13 comments:

  1. Ahh how lovely of you Valerie, thanks so much! What a great collection of things...
    I too am a bad award passer oner and like to use them instead to showcase other folk's work too :)
    I see there's another polar bear there... and Gretel's wonderful watercolour :)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say how much I like Rima's work and also her enchanting blog, and here she is! Lovely choices all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Valerie
    What a good idea doing a showcase! and a lovely collection you have chosen too!
    Thankyou so much for including me! How kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie,
    Thank you for sharing all these lovely creative blogs and featuring my brooch.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for including me in this wonderful group of artists! I think I will take your approach and pass on awards with a showcase. If I can figure out how! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea, Valerie! Thanks for showcasing these talented people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Valerie - that is a lovely way to pass an award on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valerie, what a great idea. I'm going to check these folks out being a big fan of printmaking and illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just as I decide to branch out and read a greater variety of blogs you offer directions!

    Lucy
    PICTURES JUST PICTURES

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting David's Digital Art. I'm off to work but will check back later. David

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely choices! Thank you for sharing :)

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome new visitors David, Lucy and Cat.

    Cat, you have some lovely things in your Etsy shop also.

    ReplyDelete