1/18/2010

Craft Hope.


The Etsy community is getting together to help relief efforts in Haiti. Anyone who has items to donate is urged to join in to raise money for this important cause. Craft Hope, see the link in my sidebar, has been set up to benefit Doctors without borders in Haiti.

The shop needs supporters as well as donations, maybe you too could add a button to your blog?
Further details are available here

I decided to donate an artist book, shown above If this sells all the proceeds (minus Etsy fees) will go to the charity, (this goes for all the sales in the shop). So far the shop has raised $7,000 for Doctors Without Borders. In TWO DAYS!

Update, this item SOLD on 17th January. Thank you!


I would also like to thank Eli from raccoltodautunno for this delightful hand painted decoration. Eli was one of the winners in my earlier blog giveaway.The decoration now hangs in my studio and looks very pretty, thank you Eli!

18 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project! Your donation is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Willow!

    We have a friend who works for Doctors Without Borders. He took early retirement to be able to dedicate his time to helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a good idea isn't it. maybe this would give me the courage to open an etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is alot of money in that time. Great idea. I will surely go and look around. Thanks for telling us.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea Valerie, shall pop over to look and also attempt to get the logo on to my site, although my skills in that area are pretty limited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have posted the link at my blog - it is an important thing to do. Your donation is really wonderful.

    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a beautiful ook. Made4Aid (which usually raises money for Darfur) are raisig money for Haiti too. Made4Aid is registered with the Council of Voluntary Organisations.

    Its good to see so many bloggy initiatives to help out with these global happenings.

    http://made-4-aid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, Valerie. Thanks for letting us know. C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea..i just can't stop thinking about them...

    i'll see if i can get the button on my blog....

    thanks for sharing this..you're a dear one....

    fondly,
    kary

    ReplyDelete
  10. acornmoon such a generous gift and i raced on as soon as i saw it before i saw your little adendum - gone gone!!!!! oh dear!! however, i'll wander back and see what else shows up as it is a truly amazing gathering of caring and kind artists!!! steven

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea. I think maybe its time to open an etsy shop.
    just love your journal:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear of it - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant idea Valerie. I have just donated a couple of my prints. Not sure if I am too late for their cut off point though. Aren't they amazing people to be so selfless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for stopping by..

    can you believe i got that button on? was i ever proud of myself....

    more later, friend

    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is lovely, and beautiful work.


    From the Far East.
    Best regards.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a good idea and a super donation! I will pop and have a look and see if I can get the link on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got the button on my blog.
    Your journal is so lovely.
    Thank you for posting my decoration, I'm glad you like it.
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear acornmoon, you makevery good work for people from Haiti!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete