2/04/2010

One final push to help our bees!



I know I said that I was taking a break but I felt that I had to ask for your help to support our endangered bumble bees.

This is what the Bumble Bee Conservation Trust are asking-

“You are TWO MOUSE CLICKS away from helping us to save the rare and beautiful Shrill Carder Bee.

Our wild flower meadow conservation work is in a competition, and we need your help to try and win. We are up against some huge charities with big mailing lists, so we need all of the votes we can get!

It only takes two clicks to visit the voting website and register your vote. Voting closes at midnight on the 10th February.

Visit the site NOW and help the bees!”

Of course all the projects are worthwhile but without the bees many of our wild flowers, fruit trees etc will disappear along with the birds and insects and mammals that these plants support, including us! So please, please, please, help our bees.

20 comments:

  1. Happy to. Thank you for the beautiful post xJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just voted for the bumblebees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been lacking bees, as well. Glad to oblige.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for providing us with access to this poll. I have clicked for those bees!

    Best wishes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope my vote counted. We are having the same problem in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for the bees! Glad you alerted us so we could join in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just voted. Very interesting site with great causes.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just done my two clicks - I see the Bumblebee trust is way ahead at the moment - thanks for showing us how to help:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have voted too. Thank you so much for drawing attention to this, I will be passing on and asking others to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes indeed, I have voted, although I have a love hate relationship with bees as I am mortally allergic to their sting but I do love honey.
    However,thank you bees for prompting another lovely post at Acorn Moon. Was that beautiful image created for a special project?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just cast my vote for the bees---such a simple way to do a big thing ; ). Lovely illo at the beginning of your post~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm such a nature lover that I'd like all of them to win, but the bumblebees are critical so I voted for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've voted too. Bees are just too important not too!

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for voting for the bees ! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. done it! Very worthwhile. I have a lavender hedge in my garden and we get hundreds of bees - simple to grow and each bush can easily have 40 bees on it on a humming August day

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are well out ahead now. It is very worrying what is happening to bees generally in our world. It is said that if the bees go, we go. I love to see the bees on our lavender and cat mint.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My vote for the bees is in. Thank you for the awareness Valerie~ xxVicki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just voted for the bumblebee!

    ReplyDelete