2/10/2010

Spring Fair.



QUICK UPDATE THE BUMBLEEES WON HURRAY!!!! 11th Feb.


First of all let me thank you all so much for voting for the Bumble Bees, the voting closes at midnight tonight so fingers crossed! Also for all the thoughtful comments that you left when I had a break, it has not been an easy couple of months and I was very touched by your concerns.

The Spring Fair is now well on its way this week in Birmingham at the NEC and I went over to the show to see some of my licensees and meet up with friends old and new. The show is huge so comfy shoes are an absolute must, so too is a pack lunch because the catering facilities leave much to be desired. I managed to see some of my products, some of which I have never seen before, so that was quite exciting, including some tablemats and trays.


I also saw some of my Easter egg shaped metal containers on the Elite stand, I have two designs with them, one is an Easter Bunny and one is a Duckling design. The idea is that you fill the egg with goodies such as handmade sweets, small toys or soaps and give them as Easter presents. I decided to order some for my shop but alas was too late for the Bunny tins as they have all sold out! When I get the ducklings tins I shall let you know.


I met up with fellow artist Judith Glover who tells me that she has a new Valentine’s Day e-card to send. (See little dog illustration with hearts). You can preview all of her cards on her website and I can highly recommend them, they are quite the nicest I have seen to date. The animation matches the music perfectly; they are a joy to behold.

On the whole the show looked like a success, it was certainly busy and there was a genuine buzz about the place, maybe spring is on its way after all?

23 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie,
    The easter eggs are delightful, a wonderful idea.
    I too take a packed lunch to the NEC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your metal egg containers are so fabulous! Practical and beautiful, too - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work looks beautiful. So delicate and appealing.

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely, you are rightly proud of them. I wish I could have got to the NEC this year, I've been a couple of times before, but couldn't find a lift...otherwise we could have arranged a cup of tea meet up. Hope you do put some egg tins in your shop, I might have to treat myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Valerie, The Easter Eggs are delightful. I loved attending the Easter Markets while living in Europe, I really miss them. You find some very lovely and creative artist like yourselve at them. I also took a break from blogging and just today got back in the swing of things. I spent allot of time reading and stitching which is always good for my soul. I hope you are well rested from your break. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how lovely! I look forward to seeing the Duckling tin. I have also just returned from Birmingham, but sadly from a work meeting, I wish it had been the Spring Fair instead!

    So nice to have you back blogging again and I hope that the future is looking brighter for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see that you are back!
    Your art looks so lovely on the tin.
    best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow I'd love to go - I think it's trade only though is it??????
    Looking forward to your tins being available - let us know - i can feel a splash coming on!! Where else will they be available?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How empowering to see your work actualized into additional forms. Congratulations. Your fine work deserves wide acclaim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tins are lovely for Easter. I have bought them from the Pastimes Shop when my daughter was young, an Easter gift, full of little eggs.
    Your designs do look so well on all these different products, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so GOOD to see you're back....

    these are so CHARMING...oh, how much I love them...

    i got my vote in for the bees..i hope i made the deadline...

    Looks so springtime here today...

    thanks for taking the time to stop by Farmhouse...so good to see a friend and am glad you're feeling better....

    off to see the valentine...

    sending love,
    kary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back.
    Just love the Easter egg Bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Easter Bunny egg - so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kayla coo and PG, maybe one year we will all meet up for a cuppa and talk shop at the fair.

    Clare, it is a trade fair but if you pre register as a visitor you can attend. I am not sure where the eggs are for sale but hope to have some in my shop shortly.

    Thanks everyone for your kind words, they are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks very much for your info - I will register for the show next year. Excited already !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Valerie, you are so clever! The Easter egg tins are so pretty. Best wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first time on your blog (found you through another blogger), and I just have to say your work is absolutely *lovely*! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Val for giving my Valentine ecard such a lovely plug and thanks to all your fans for taking the time to visit my site. It was great meeting you at the NEC and I can't wait to see your lovely egg tins in the shops in time to buy for Easter - those little ducklings are just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Valerie, They're beautiful!!! What treasures to keep!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Val, there's an award on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is a pretty design.
    I am sorry to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Spring Fair sounds lovely. Great news about the bees! ... :0)

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fantastic to have your designs on Easter egg tins. I have always loved these containers. They make great displays over the Easter period. I love Spring illustrations and always enjoy choosing Easter cards for everyone. x

    ReplyDelete