2/21/2012

Cross stitch designs



I was very excited to receive a copy of a Turkish magazine called Kanavice. The company behind this publication is Tuva who publish books and magazines for embroidery and cross stitch enthusiasts. Tuva have licensed my designs and have translated them into cross stitch charts.



The robin design has been made into the cushion in the picture above, the garden design has been worked into a garden picture. I was amazed to see how much love and devotion has gone into the stitching of each piece.



If you are interested in cross stitch you might like to visit Tuva here.
Looking at the photographs in this publication has made me long for the spring. How nice would it be to sit in that garden chair and stitch!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely designs. You should be very proud of yourself!

    Kristina

    P.S. That garden photo reminded me how much I like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done cross stitch but your designs make me want to try! Good for you, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Valerie - it must be lovely to see your designs translated into another medium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Great to see such a global presence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have your designs accepted internationally and made suitable for cross stitch. I was in the garden this morning doing a bit of tidying up and our two resident robins were sitting on the fence watching me with their little beady eyes, daring to hop down onto the ground occasionally quite close to see what I had turned up. I can't wait to be able to sit in the garden again:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, these are fabulous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so lovely.
    I think the robin one is particularly wonderful. I have lots of cushions that I have made over the years --some of them looking pretty tatty by now.
    Maybe the robin will be my next project!

    ReplyDelete