3/21/2012

A little bit of Whimsy.



For the last couple of years I have been working with Wentworth puzzles, makers of quality wooden jigsaws. This spring they have chosen my rabbits design to feature on one of their puzzles. Each puzzle is contained within a sturdy box, inside the box is a fabric drawstring bag holding an amazing array of different shaped pieces.



This puzzle contains specially themed shapes called 'Whimsy" pieces. There is a rabbit shaped piece, a lamb, a butterfly and many more. You can find the puzzles here on the Wentworth site. They are not cheap but they are a quality product and one meant to last. I think they make a good alternative to chocolate eggs which can be more style over substance and like all jigsaws they are good for sharing.



We have been making the most of the mild spring weather, walking the dog and wild flower spotting. Today was no exception, the fields were alive with birds nest building, queen bumblebees looking for new homes and primroses, marsh marigolds and pussy willows all competing for attention. It does the heart good!

17 comments:

  1. Cute bunnies. Is Wentworth the copany that does the NT house jigsaws

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Wentworth do those wooden jigsaws in National Trust gift shops, I think..hmm, almost certain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those puzzles are a fantastic alternative to sweets! Although having BOTH would be the best!
    Lucky for you to have some mild weather...since we've been back it's been snow, rain and wind and today the power has been out for 7 hours! Argh...I want to head south again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely design. I really like the special shaped pieces - quirky!
    Enjoy your walks - this year is going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the illustration that has been turned into a jigsaw - I might invest in one for my grandson George's birthday in June I think. It's lovelt to see all the spring flowers isn't it? I,too, have seen a lot of bumble bees about but didn't realise that they are queens looking for a home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely jigsaw Valerie, you must be really pleased - the quality shows. Really appreciate seeing the spring photos too - and agree that they 'do the heart good'. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valerie, your jigsaw design, with the hidden whimsy bits, will be making many folks happy for years to come!

    I also like the looks of your springtime photos...we should have primroses hereabouts pretty soon. The temperature is strangely in the upper ranges of the 70's F.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful jigsaw, I bought one of those via RSPB Robins nest, it was a lovely illustration too. It's quite a difficult one, Those different shaped pieces are brilliant. I can see from your walk where you get the lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful jigsaws! Hasn't it been the most beautiful weather for walking and spotting the lovely signs of spring?:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A thing of beauty, and how beautifully your observation of nature comes through in the detail.
    I love the shaped puzzle pieces, I'm reminded of Kit Williams' Masquerade, the whimsy and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Puzzle!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that this puzzle would make a super Easter present --and last much longer than chocolate( though that is pretty nice too!)
    I always love your illustrations.
    Frances of CityViewsCountryDreams is coming to England next week.
    I wish I could come with her!
    Your primroses are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so right, the sunshine gives you such a lift. A Beautiful jigsaw from your gorgeous painting. Very seasonal too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a DELIGHTFUL puzzle!!
    This is such a lovely inspireational place to visit!
    Many Blessings Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, your spring flowers! Just lovely. As are the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love these! How fun to have whimsy shaped pieces in a puzzle! Your artwork makes a beautiful puzzle also.

    ReplyDelete