5/17/2013

Moody Blue.



Maybe because the weather turned cold again, maybe because memories of loved ones past took hold and became overwhelming, my mood this month has been blue.



These are the times when nature soothes and lifts the spirits. I walked in fields of blue, through great swathes of bluebells and forget-me-nots which carpet the woodlands around my home.



and of course nothing on earth keeps a person more grounded than walking with a dog.



There have been lots to keep me busy in my studio, cards and prints to make and post, new paintings to begin and artwork to scan. Listing a new item takes almost as long as its creation followed by the photo shoots. I have to confess to enjoying playing around with the later. As a child I always wanted a shop of my own and am having great fun with my online version.



Last but not least, I have been in the process of making some of my children’s books available as digital applications and have become a creative partner with Auryn Inc. I hope to see the first title “White is the Moon” available soon and am excited about the new opportunities this partnership may bring. Auryn have some beautiful titles on their list, my absolute favourite is “The Little Mermaid” as told by Hans Christian Andersen and illustrated by Lisbeth Zwerger. Auryn’s version has the most beautiful underwater effects complete with splashing fishes and rippling waves. You can download a short free version just to try out, you will be amazed at how very lovely it is.

15 comments:

  1. My sweet sweet talented Friend. I've had a blue month, too. Funny you would think of bluebells, too, though I do not know of any place which has swaths of them such as you picture in your blog.

    I think this piece is lovely. It fills my heart--so graceful and sweet. What would we do without bluebells? Without art? Without our loving Friends? The grief of loss can color our worlds for awhile, that is for sure. Just know you aren't alone. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am holding your hand and, whilst each of our life stories is unique, I have been feeling terribly melancholic these past few weeks. I am missing people who have passed away - my parents' friends - and being very aware of time passing so dreadfully quickly.

    I am with you in spirit and hoping that nature will indeed soothe your spirit.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose the older we get the more poignant mortality is...Life is so full in the spring and I always wish those who are gone can share this beautiful time of year as well.
    The bluebells are simply marvelous!
    I like how you've used your lovely old books in your photo shoots and congrats on the new outlet for your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your mood turns to rosy pink as June approaches. Your northern bluebells look wonderful - our Bristolian ones can't compete!
    Congratulations on your new partnership - great news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, lovely writing, I'm honoured to think we might be on the same wavelength. I have had those feelings this past month too. As you say, nature has a way of bringing us round, and certainly the bluebells can stop you in your tracks they are stunning. Just to see the green appearing lifts the spirits. Your new ventures sound very exciting, I shall try and view the 'mermaid' now. Hope it all goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walking a dog who carries such a big stick must also be quite a fun event! Beautiful flowers, hope thier blues lifted yours. Happy end of May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you Valerie and sending you love. The solace of nature is something to warm the heart isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am off to have a look at this Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely drawings, and photos of Spring Bluets. It is cold and rainy here on Long Island too. But the plants love this so much that they grow as we watch. Cheers from the Jarvis House Garden

    ReplyDelete
  10. blue is a lovely color
    not always a lovely feeling
    forget me nots are so sweet and people adore them. your art is lovely as can be.

    wishing you warmer days ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blue bells are fabulous this year , well worth the wait.
    We all need some sunshine, been a long time coming. So chilly again. Good luck with your lastest venture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really do have the cutest hound :)

    I do hope you're feeling less blue now x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valerie, Let us know how this digital adventure works out for you, it may be something for me to try as well.Every time I see Ted with that big branch in his jaws, I just crack up. He is a champ! I adore your English bluebells. We have Spanish bluebells and Virginia Bluebells around our area, all are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing the HUGE sticks that Ted always seems to find....he is sooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those dainty blue forget me nots, and your new book opportunities sound exciting and like a new good focus for you.

    ReplyDelete