10/09/2014

The Royal Society of Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers

"Full Moon Hare"
This year I decided to submit two miniature paintings for possible selection for The Royal Society of Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers annual exhibition. After being inspired by an earlier trip to Wells to see the work of The Hilliard Society and reading other artist's blogs such as Tracy Hall's Watercolour Diary I finally plucked up the courage and entered my paintings for the first time.

This entailed a trip to London to submit the artwork followed by an anxious wait, checking the website to see if my work had been accepted. I was both surprised and delighted to see my two registration numbers amongst the list of accepted works, in fact I had to ask my husband to double check to see if my eyes were not deceiving me!

The paintings I submitted were “Full Moon Hare” shown above and “Tawny Owl in Oak Wood” shown in a previous post.


If you feel inspired to do the same yourself you can find all the details on the RSM website together with the exhibition schedule.


The exhibition opens on Tuesday October 14th daily until October 26th at The Mall Galleries in London.
 

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful Valerie and very well deserved, congratulations :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Your works are exquisite.

    Congratulations ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news, congratulations Valerie, well done you. Am not at all supreis they were accepted both are exquisite. Wish I could get down to see them! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chloe, Lorraine and Ruthie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful news Valerie! SO pleased you took the plunge and not at all surprised they got in!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't think why you were surprised that your entries were accepted! Your work is beautiful and I especially love the Full Moon Hare. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Valerie...both of these paintings are so lovely. Perfect in every way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pleased Valerie - I have long been an admirer of your work and am not at all surprised that both of your entries were accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful Valerie, I love them, they are so jewel like and exquisite, I would love to have a go at something like this, but I would need the magnifying glass with the specs for sure :) It must take some concentration too, your subject matter is just the best. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you, Valerie!

    I should also offer congratulations to the Royal Society of Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers for their having the excellent taste and vision required to recognize how beautiful your paintings are.

    How I wish that I could see the exhibit.

    Here's a trivia question for you. Will any of The Royals be visiting the exhibit? I would like to think that they would have the opportunity to see your paintings, too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruthie, it would be lovely if you could get down but I know you are the other end of the country.

    Thanks Tracy for your words of encouragement and for your kind words Rowan and Debbie, Weaver and Jenny.

    Julie-Reading glasses and magnifying glasses needed here too sadly.

    Frances, I have no idea who will visit, it would be nice though and not too far to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Valerie, that's wonderful!! Both paintings are lovely. Wondering if folks will be tourning the exhibit with magnifying glasses, I bet I would!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray! So glad you took the plunge (- in my opinion the RSMPSG are lucky that you submitted to them!)
    Fantastic news - many congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I like this type of art, and your pieces are lovely.

    ReplyDelete