4/21/2017

Out and about in spring


My blog posts are getting less frequent, sometimes I wonder if this blog has run its course? So much has changed since I started blogging over the past nine years! However, I have made so many friends and connections over the years maybe I will go on a little longer.



We have been out and about quite a lot, making use of our rail cards we made a trip to see an exhibition of Bedtime Stories at The Museum of Childhood in Edinburgh that featured my Dream Quilt. This was an actual quilt made to accompany the book of the same name. Silly me, I did not check to see if the Museum would be open but fortunately the lovely curator opened it especially for us! The exhibition is still on if you are in the area, it had a nice review in the April edition of British Patchwork and Quilting magazine.




We celebrated my husband's birthday in beautiful Powys Wales, we had the most wonderful weather and enjoyed strolling round the hotel grounds. Primroses and wood anemones carpeted the woodland floor, it was truly a most beautiful setting and one we hope to return to soon.

I have been busy working on new paintings, this time for The Hilliard Society's annual exhibition in Wells later this year.



We had the family to stay over Easter, lots of chocolate was consumed and a fair few bottles of wine too. I hope you enjoyed your Easter too. X


14 comments:

  1. Nice to read you once again Valerie.My goodness, what a marvellour curator to open especially for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you and nice to know that my blog connects me to friends like you. X

      Delete
  2. I cannot imagine the time it takes to make blog posts I am sure it is very long and arduous. However I will say it always brightens up my day when I see you have made a post. I am sure many share my view. Looks like you had a wonderful time in beautiful Wales. Happy belated birthday greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, the idea that my blog brightens your day makes it all worth while.

      Delete
  3. I miss reading (and writing) blog posts. Looking forward to my home renovation being done soon, so I can get back to blogs. Don't stop! You always write about such lovely places and make me wish I could visit England again! And I enjoy seeing and reading about whatever projects you are working on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, thank you for your encouraging comment. Good luck with your house renovation.

      Delete
  4. I'm pleased you got to see the exhibition. Like you my blog posts are now few and far between but I like to occasionally do an update as much for myself as for any readers there may be. Other social media apps are quicker for people to dip into and do a 'like'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia, I would certainly miss your blog so please carry on, I got to know about The Dovecote Studio by reading your post and I love seeing your works in progress, not to mention your chickens!

      Delete
  5. I do enjoy your blog!
    Yes,I think lots of us started about nine or ten years ago and now do more on Instagram. Blogs can be more reflective. Hang on for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, I will continue the theme of your post and the earlier comments by reporting that this evening I have been attempting to catch up on favorite bloggers' recent posts. I have been quite neglectful.
      Like you, I truly do not wish to stop blogging altogether! xo

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your encouragement, I shall continue, after all, how else would I have found you two friends from NYC. ? x

      Delete
  6. I hope you do keep blogging as I've only just found you on here! I started a blog a couple of years ago too but my posts have dwindled of late as life has become busier. I think Instagram seems to be Bloggers successor ... Look forward to more blog posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about Instagram, maybe there is room for both. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
    2. I think you are right about Instagram, maybe there is room for both. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete