3/04/2016

Moving on, older and wiser.



Before I go any further I would just like to say how very touched I was by all the kind words of comfort and condolence. Life moves on wether we want it to or not, although life will never be quite the same again. 

Work has been difficult, there have been so many things to take priority, but it has been a comfort to sit back at my desk again. I managed to complete a new miniature of a Little Owl. 

A dear friend invited me to accompany her to a bookbinding session. This time we made a French link stitch book sewn directly through the leather. It makes a nice criss cross pattern on the spine. You can see my attempt below; (the brown leather book). The tiny book below is a very simple folded structure which needs no glue or stitching although I did add a bit of sewing on the cover for decoration.



Yesterday was World Book Day and I was surprised to find a big box of books on my doorstep. I have put some in my Etsy shop, you can see more views here-https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/270679097/the-dream-quilt-illustrated-book-signed?

The books are copies of The Dream Quilt which I previously mentioned in a post here-http://acornmoon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/the-dream-quilt.html




I hope to write some more about the book and maybe organise a give away if and when I get my act together, it may be some time!

15 comments:

  1. Glad you are able to move on Valerie. I always think that if the relationship has been a loving one then you owe it to the person involved to move on with dignity and just enjoy the memories of the happy times together.
    I absolutely love that little owl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am sure you are right. Thanks for your words of wisdom. X

      Delete
  2. Sending all best wishes, dear Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and exquisite little owl.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your owl is wonderful. I also like the leather book with a button fastening. I once bought a little leather sketchbook, on holiday in Italy, haven't yet drawn in it! Keeping busy always works for me, take care .xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Milly, I hope your little sketchpad gets filled up soon x

      Delete
  5. Dear Valerie, I just read of your mothers passing and am so sorry to learn of it. I am fortunate to still have my mom, but she is quite elderly, ninety this year. Losing her is an ordeal I have yet to go through.I hope and pray for your peace of mind during this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeri, thank you for your kind words. Ninety is no longer unusual, nor is 100, I suppose it's all about quality of life. I hope you and your mum enjoy many more days together. X

      Delete
  6. Beautiful little owl! And the book looks wonderful, your illustrations are really beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe, they were both a pleasure to work on. X

      Delete
  7. I love your dear little owl and good to hear you are keeping busy doing what pleases your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Terra, good to hear from you again, thanks for your visit and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful things you make. I love your owl miniature. You are one of the most talented artists I have ever known. Your lovely heart shines through everything you do. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete