3/31/2016

The quilt of the book of the quilt!

The Dream Quilt, design by Valerie Greeley.


I am pleased to report that I finally finished making a mini quilt composed of images from the book I illustrated- The Dream Quilt. You may remember I wrote about the book here on my blog.

I have been putting the finishing touches to a small fabric collection to enable home sewers to recreate the quilt featured in the book. I am just waiting to approve some fabric samples and then I will share a link to my fabric store. The fabric will be printed as a complete panel all ready to quilt, so no piecing will be necessary, instead you can enjoy stitching and maybe adding a few decorative stitches of embroidery?

One of these days I will learn to use a thimble, the quilt shown here was stitched entirely by hand- my poor hands are in bits!

If you wish you can order a copy of the book here in my Etsy shop, it is £7.99 and you can have it signed and dedicated if you send me a note first.

If the little pink hare in the foreground looks familiar it is the work of Stephanie Boudazin who has a delightful blog here

I'll be back soon with news of a give-away to celebrate the eighth birthday of this blog!

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and a wonderful marketing tool... Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, nice to see you back.

      Delete
  2. Valerie, I love the look of this quilt! How grand that you'll be offering the special fabric to create our own version.
    I know what you mean about thimbles. Since one of my long planned, and delayed, projects does center on some paper pieced quilting, I have purchased a thimble, and hope to be putting it to use very soon.

    It's grand to see one of Stephanie's amazing hares resting comfortably in front of your beautiful quilt.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frances, can't wait to see what you will piece together with your Liberty fabrics.

      Delete
  3. Valerie - this, like all of your work, is so beautiful. I now have a shake in my sewing hand and can no longer sew, which is very annoying. I now intend to pop over to Stephanie's site to see her hares as they are my favourite animal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you have a shake in your sewing hand, that must be very inconvenient. I am sure you will love those hares.

      Delete
  4. I admire anyone who an quilt. I have a little collection of handmade quilts. One was made by my great Grandma Brae. Or so the family story goes. This is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would take to quilting, maybe start with a very small project first?

      Delete
  5. Valerie, A dream come true; having a quilt from a book you illustrated and wrote and bringing the quilt to life with your own poor little fingers! You really must learn to use that thimble! I took a quilting class 25 years ago, and the first thing she taught us was how to use the thimble. I love the quilt, your work always surpasses excellence.

    ReplyDelete