10/13/2016

Miniature Art Exhibition


This year I entered five of my miniature paintings into The Royal Society Of Miniature Painters Sculptors and Gravers Exhibition and was delighted to learn that they had all been accepted. 

We travelled down to London to see the exhibition at The Mall Galleries. Two of my paintings won awards. The little Jack Russell painting entitled "Millie's Garden" won the Elizabeth Meek Award and the border terrier painting "Beautiful Dreamer" was awarded a "Gold Memorial Bowl Honourable Mention".




The awards were presented by antiques expert Lennox Cato who will be familiar to anyone who watches The Antiques Roadshow. 

If you are in London do visit, there are some 700 or so miniatures on show including portraits, still life subjects and landscapes and miniature pieces of sculpture. You might even buy something special for a Christmas gift and the wonderful thing about investing in miniatures is you don't need too much room! 


19 comments:

  1. Val, how I wish that I could see this exhibit! I am hoping to get across the Pond this autumn, but my arrival will be after the exhibit closes.

    You so richly deserve your awards and membership. I definitely urge any folks who see your posts and live within travel distance of London to make time to see this show!

    Bravo...and do keep painting. I'm also thinking of those sweet subjects of your excellent work. Perhaps they will also take a bow...now there is another image. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your awards for these charming portraits are well deserved. Please stand up and take a bow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terra, and thanks for visiting again.

      Delete
  3. Many congratulations Valerie - well .
    deserved I would say. I especially love the Border of course, because I have my dear Tess (sitting beside me as I type this).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Tess, I did think of her. Give her a pat on the head from me. x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Valerie that is fantastic and very deserved :) I especially love your wee border terrier too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruthie, I hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations for the awards and the membership. Your work is lovely and so detailed.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations Valerie, such well deserved awards:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, I hope all is well with you, I was very concerned to read about your recent loss. I would have sent my condolences via your blog but for some reason I could not add my comment.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your membership and your awards! Well done and well deserved. Your miniatures are so beautiful and I am sure even more delightful in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki for your kind words and for your visit to my blog.

      Delete
  8. Oh so beautiful Valerie, well done, I love the little Jack Russell painting. You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie, how nice to hear from you again, I hope you are busy. Thank you for your kind words. The little Jack Russell is Millie, a dog we look after sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you Val! Love them all but I must say the wee Border terrier is my fave. Wish I could pop over to London to see them for real! Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, it would be wonderful to meet you if you ever made the trip. X

      Delete
  11. Congratulations!!!!!!! Your work is so beautiful! BIg hug! Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather, hugs all round. X

      Delete