6/25/2008

Thomas Moore

Thomas Moore was an Irish poet who lived from 1779 to 1852, not to be confused with the other Thomas More who became a saint. I came across this poem and decided to incorporate the first few lines into a design, I thought that it expressed a simple truth about the pleasure of sharing. I have always found that gardeners are generous people who enjoy exchanging plants, cuttings, advice and most of all delight in sharing their gardens with others.

I planned the design and carefully arranged the elements around the text and proceeded to paint the design in watercolour. Only when it was finished did I realize that I had misspelt Moore, you guessed it, I gave it one "O" instead of two.

All was not lost however, Photoshop came to my rescue and not for the first time!

11 comments:

  1. What ever did we do without Photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. Yay! Photoshop saves the day. I just found you today. Love your art.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily you realised your mistake before your final artwork went to print! A lovely design and lovely sentiment too. I enjoy sharing my garden with others as you have probably already guessed! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely garden work!
    And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie,
    Your work is such a joy to behold, it makes me smile and somehow it very comforting too...makes me want to bake a cake, get the kettle on and sit down and relish your work in print.
    Thanks for doing such happy, kind work!!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your design it is such detailed work and so pretty. I'd never heard of Thomas Moore the poet before but I like his words. which are complimented by your work. Thank goodness you were able to insert the second 'o' easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, for your kind words of encouragement, they mean a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment about my drawings. I have really enjoyed your work too, especially the acorns.Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Valerie, an award is waiting for you at http://reflectionsintheafternoon.blogspot.com/

    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for visiting. Your art is lovely. ~Sea Cottage

    ReplyDelete