6/27/2020

Strange Times


Over the last months I have been concentrating on decorative illumination inspired by Medieval manuscripts. For inspiration I have turned to my collection of books and exhibition catalogs that I have acquired over the years, after visiting museums, libraries and charity shops! During this pandemic it has not been possible to continue attending workshops or other events I would have enjoyed in more normal times and apart from dog walking, shopping and gardening there has been little to distract me from sitting at my desk and practicing.


I created this miniature using two gilding techniques, raised and flat gilding.
For the flat gilding I used miniatum and transfer gold leaf. The raised gilding was a new venture for me, for this I used Instacoll which I found much easier than gesso.

We are now being asked to wear a face mask when social distancing isn't possible. I have been having fun creating some designs using my artwork, these are now available to purchase in my Redbubble shop.
So far the owls have been the most popular!