5/05/2021

Busy as a bee!

 


Hello again, I hope all is well with you and yours. Spring is always a busy time, longer days and warmer temperatures are always welcome and bring a new found energy to create, garden and explore.

I have been busy painting bees, inspired by the many bumblebees in my garden at the moment. It has been fun to add gilding to these paintings.


In fact I have been getting carried away with gilding, there is something so entrancing about the shiny metal that becomes addictive!
This painting of a Wheatear has been given the treatment, using both flat and raised gilding in the borders.




Finally, I have been busy with preparations for this years Hilliard Exhibition of miniature paintings to be held in Wells Town Hall. The above painting "Golden Silence" will be one of the many miniatures on show.
More details on their website.
 June 5th - 12th 2021

(closed on Sun 6th June)