11/25/2009

Lovely things in the post.



Thank you “Milly” from Drawings From Nature for my lovely set of art cards which arrived in the post earlier this week. I first came across the work of this artist/illustrator Eileen Postlethwaite when she was featured in Country Living magazine. Eileen has a website which features her nature inspired artwork, feathers, leaves and shells etc found around her home in the beautiful English Lake District.



Country Living magazine also features the work of another artist this month, that is Celia Hart from Purple Podded Peas. Celia is an illustrator and printmaker who has a bold and colourful contemporary style. She also has hand bound children’s books in her Etsy shop and I simply could not resist buying this little treasure, I still have a set of her tree decorations from last year which I am looking forward to displaying.

Last but not least, artist Frances Tyrrell from Fairy Lanterns has the most exquisite, hand bound fairy inspired books on her website and as it is Christmas and I do so love hand bound books, I had to have a set. My Christmas present to me from me, you do understand don't you?

Before you go, one more thing, I will be having a blog giveaway in my next post. A set of fat quarters for all of you quilters and crafters so watch this space!

15 comments:

  1. Oh! Thank you so much for your kind words about my little book
    :-)

    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello acornmoon, thankyou for the links to these super talented artists and cool people!!! i love the creation of art that includes natural objects and elevates them to their true beautiful worth. steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. I enjoyed visiting all the artists'
    websites. At one of the blogs I got a sneak peek of the December issue of the British edition of Country Living.
    I must tell you I LOVE the British edition of Country Living. We are a month behind getting the magazine in the states. I just got the November issue last week. My favorite part is the artisan section and Tales from the Stone Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just last evening I discovered that there is a British edition of Country Living magazine - it is outstanding! Thanks for sharing these talented artists with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely finds, thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exquisite, beautiful things. You're so lucky to be surrounded by people who create beauty everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your treasures! And I love the little mouse on your new book!! Charming!`

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many talented people out there aren't there, Valerie? (and you are up there yourself) - those goodies are so beautiful. I am all for presents from me to me - I try to have at least one every Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Acornmoon. Glad you liked my cards. What kind words about my drawings from someone who creates such beautiful art work herself.
    Milly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gifts to "me from me" are the best treasures when they are "artist heart to artist heart!" Perfect :)

    Hope your day is wonderful~
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Acorn Moon, you have featured such very bright stars! Each is a wonderful artist with a unique view of the world.

    I will always thank Milly for being one of the first to encourage me to tip a toe into the vast land that we know blogdom to be.

    Thanks to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Valerie what a lovely treasury of gifts and gifted artists here to meet us today... I enjoyed it tremendously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad you have highlighted Drawings from Nature and Fairy Lanterns on your blog. Two blogs new to me. I already know Celia from Purple Podded Peas. All have lovely blogs.

    The comment you left on my Mum post brought great comfort to me. Thank you so much. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete