3/04/2010

World Book Day


Today is World Book Day and I would like to announce the creation of a new website aimed at children and schools. It is the brainchild of Antony Lishak and is called The Author Hotline. Antony describes the site as follows-

“Aimed at primary school children, it sheds light on the creative process, is a perfect way of supporting author-study work, provides a great way for young authors to identify with professionals and is endless hours of enormous fun”.

I have participated in an interview, which is available on the site along with many other children’s authors and illustrators. It is some years now since I did a school visit, answering the interview questions reminded me of one particular young lady that looked at my work and then asked, “and do you do all your own colouring in?” I now look back on my career as almost thirty five years of colouring in! It was my favourite pastime when I was a child and am happy to say that it remains so.